Re: [gnome-love] Strange recent changes

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Carlos Pereira <carlao2005 gmail com> wrote:
Hello Magnus,

You could exchange keyboards, just for testing. If the behaviour
accompanies the keyboard, it will be proved that the two gnomes should
be different, not equal, since the keyboards will be different... :-)
Maybe one keyboard send strange "scan codes", and you will have to
deal with it by changing some configuration file.

The case with USB probably follows the same idea, the usb controller
inside your cpus probably are different, and deal with usb devices in
a different way.

A suggestion for you and others: when reporting some question or
problem, it is a good practice to list the computers hardware
configuration - processor, speed, memory, etc.

Now I've found out what killed my keyboard shortcuts!  The culprit is /desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse/locate_pointer, when it is turned on the keyboard shortcuts (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+L stop working).  I'm going to do some more testing then possibly raise a bug.

/M