Re: [gnome-love] GNOME themes should affect Qt themes

I think that this feature is the most important for the beginners. They don't know that some applications are written in qt instead of gtk and needs another config tool to chage their appearance.

2008/3/1, enaut <enaut w googlemail com>:
Piotr Zaryk schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I have a suggestion that GNOME-theme-manager should create a qt
> configuration files describing proper colors (the same as the gnome
> theme) so that Qt applications (ex. Opera) would be well-integrated
> with Ubuntu desktop. Some nice qt engine also should be installed by
> default (polymer?). On the default Ubuntu installation Qt applications
> look very ugly.
>
> There could be a simple checkbox in the GUI "Qt integration" defying
> if use that function or not.
>
> KDE users has such feature and gtk applications look good in KDE. What
> do you think?
>
> Brainstorm idea: http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/1744/
>

> --
> Regards,
> Piotr Zaryk

hi,
the problem with this is, that it affects Kde settings so if I use Kde
with my Gnomized settings that looks very strange.

But maybe one could create a metapackege containing a warning and
references to settings-packages.
Or a button in the theming-manager: "apply Gnome colors and icons to
Kde" or something.

But it would really be nice, if the work i have to do all the time i
install a system would be automated :) .

I uploaded som screenshots to my webspace for examples of what you can
do by assingning different icons and themes: (work of about 2 hours)
I think it looks actually quite nice. A lot of special icons still need
to be asimilated.

http://biolandhof-silberberg.de/bilder/Unbenutzt/Amarok.png
http://biolandhof-silberberg.de/bilder/Unbenutzt/Bildschirmfoto.png
http://biolandhof-silberberg.de/bilder/Unbenutzt/Kate.png