[gnome-love] Getting started advice wanted

Hi folks,

First time post. I'm looking to get involved in some gnome
development. I've read through a lot of the
live.gnome.org/GnomeLove site but I am looking for a few
pointers in the right direction to get started.

I have extensive experience in C++ on Windows platforms, but
I want to get some linux experience. I have been developing
more client/server based systems (mainly using RPC) rather
than UI work. I am currently running Ubuntu Feisty.

I would like to work on a project so please advise what may
be suitable for me to get started with. I don't mind what it
is, I just want to get my feet wet :) I can provide more
specific details regarding my experience if it is required.

Thanks,
Jason
Sydney, Australia.