Re: [gnome-love] gnome-love Digest, Vol 36, Issue 4

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 00:19 +0530, vivek shah wrote:

hi,
    I wrote the following program just to start off programming Gtk
#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main (int argc,char **argv)
    {
     GtkWidget *window;
     gtk_init (argc, &argv);
     gtk_widget_show(window);
     gtk_main ();
     return 0;
    }

When I ran
gcc -o gtk1 gtk1.c `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`

It didnt compile and says unknown library gtk

Would it be possible to provide the complete error message, and what is
the output of the command below

# pk-config --list-all

I checked with gtk-demo and the listing shows up and gtk is installed
on my system.
What is the problem. Please help me out.

Regards,
Vivek

--
Put a rogue in the limelight and he will act like an honest man.
                -- Napoleon Bonaparte, "Maxims"