Re: [gnome-love] GNOME and default application for python scripts

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 05:08:53PM +0200, Frederic Ruaudel wrote:
I think this is because it is set at the system level so it can't be
changed throught nautilus.

The solution is probably to edit as root the desktop file of gajim :

/usr/share/applications/gajim.desktop (or something equivalent)

and remove the mimetype of the python files in the "MimeType" entry.
Then you probably have to restart something (X session, computer ??)

The only MIME type related line in its .desktop file is

 MimeType=application/x-executable

So I can't really see how gajim would end up being registered for python
files...

I'm thinking this might be something Debian specific. I'll send off a
mail to the Debian mailing list for GTK/GNOME to see what they say.

/M

magnus therning org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
     -- Albert Einstein