[gnome-love] Re: Fileselector features

--- Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM> wrote:

On 27 Feb 2006, at 00:26, Danilo Šegan wrote:

Ctrl+L allows selecting a file or folder by typing
it in (it
auto-completes as well).

IIRC you can also bring up this box by typing ~ or /
(which will also
insert that character into the text field).

Typing ~ or / in the save dialog name field doesn't
open the dialog, but it does let you start typing a
path. I didn't check for this in the open dialog. I'll
take another look at it.

Thanks to everyone who replied.
I wrote the docs for this yesterday and they are now
in CVS (in the User Guide,
/gnome-user-docs/gnome2-user-guide )
If I've missed anything please let me know.

Any chance we can get a correponding Help button into
the dialogs in time for 2.14?

http://uk.security.yahoo.com