Re: [gnome-love] jhbuild GNOME crashing just after logging in.

On Sun, 21 May 2006 10:53:45 +0200, Jaap Haitsma <jaap haitsma org> wrote:

I've been looking there multiple times for the past 2 weeks and also
added my machine there. So far I've never seen a build that is "green".
I find that a bit worrying. If it's so hard to get stuff to build it's
going to be very difficult for newbies begin to start contributing.

I've been using jhbuild since the 2.11 series and it has always been
extremely difficult to get a complete build of the development branch,
especially in early development stage. It used to drive me angry.

I've had little build problems with GARNOME. They do unstable releases
as well. The drawback is that you have to download everything with GARNOME,
i.e. all the tarballs, each time for the build of a new release.