Re: [gnome-love] Device icons disappearing before device is fully unmounted

I have a few USB sticks that I use regularly, they all show up as device
icons on my desktop. When I right-click on a device icon and choose
"Unmount Volume" the icon will disappear immediately. However, there
might still be disk activity going on (a sync). This means that there is
no visual queue on when it's safe to pull out the USB stick, and I've
pulled out the stick too early quite a few times :-(

Is there some way of making sure that the icon stays until it's safe to
remove the stick. Or to get a notification of some sort?

This is on a Debian Sid system.

In Ubuntu Dapper I see a window with a pulsing progress bar It hides
itself when it's safe to remove the device.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com