Re: [gnome-love] jhbuild - libexif - pkg-config

Em Dom, 2006-01-15 às 22:02 -0500, Harish Narayanan escreveu:
Sean Kelley wrote:
<snip>
But, if you try the following, it is clear that pkg-config knows about
libexif and it is a higher version.  But when you do the check, it fails:

svk ubuntu:~$ pkg-config --modversion libexif
0.6.12

svk ubuntu:~$ pkg-config --exists "libexif >= 0.5.12"
svk ubuntu:~$ echo $?
0

--

What is the recommended solution?

I don't know the "recommended" solution, but this sort of thing I ran
into things like this numerous times during the process. I just copied
the corresponding .pc files over from my system pkgconfig directory (not
sure where that is on Ubuntu), to the pkgconfig folder in my jhbuild
build directory and all was well.

Harish

You could add the following lines to the .jhbuildrc file:

# jhbuild no longer automatically looks in /usr/lib/pkgconfig, so we need to
# tell it to do so
addpath('PKG_CONFIG_PATH', '/usr/lib/pkgconfig')

(from ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/teams/releng/2.13.4/sample-tarball.jhbuildrc)

Cheers,
Evandro