Re: [gnome-love] How to customize the right-click pop-up in GNOME?

Yes, Nautilus-actions is the right choice (not only because I'm the author, but... :oP ) because it was build exactly for this purpose at the beginning. It is for advanced end users who want to customize nautilus popup menus and for third party packages which want to integrate easily with nautilus without having to deal with the GObject mess of nautilus plugins.

So for your problem, just create the appropriate actions with Nact the gui tool of nautilus-actions and then use the "Export" function to create a Gconf schema description file of the config. You can also script the creation of the file with the commandline tool "nautilus-actions-new-config" so you can integrate the install prefix of your software into it. Then you can install it with your program with "gconftool-2 --install-schema-file=your_config.schemas" if you don't have an autotoolified package (./configure...) or if you have it, add in your Makefile.am something like in the following url :

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/nautilus-actions/config/Makefile.am?rev=1.5

and there is also other things to do, please check this link for more information :

http://julipedia.blogspot.com/2004/10/amgconfsource2-macro.html

And don't hesitate to contact me if you have any problem with this.

Best Regards,

Fred

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:

I am working on a utility (GNU Songanizer -> http://www.gnu.org/software/songanizer/) that provides diferent views of a collection of songs stored in the user's HDD, based on various attributes. I would like to integrate it with GNOME, so that whenever someone right-clicks on a directory containing songs the pop-up window would have an option, similar to 'Create archive...', to invoke the songanizer script. Could any one tell me how to achieve this?

Someone advised me use Nautilus Actions, but it seems it is meant for end-users to customize the behavious of Nautilus. How do I make sure that the change takes place the very time songnizer is installed?