Re: [gnome-love] Re: ESD, aRts, ALSA, OSS, and GStreamer

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 12:21:01PM -0700, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
Recently there has been a lot of talk about GStreamer replacing ESD and
aRts
as the primary media framework. Now I had been seeing this discussing
from
[etc]

Please do not post the same message to two mailinglists (gnome-love
and here). People will needlessly explain this twice to you.

I got only _one_ reply from gnome-love and it suggested among other things
that ALSA does not allow the same applcation to play two sounds at once.

That is another reason why you should not post separate messages. Choose
the mailinglist that is most closely related to the subject. If you
cannot pick between two, send one message to both mailinglists (meaning
both in the To:), not two separate messages.

If you have mailed one mailinglist and after a few days there is no
response, try another mailinglist, but always indicate you have emailed
another before mailinglist and received no (sane) response.

--
Regards,
Olav