Re: [gnome-love] Tinderbox (automatic daily build) for GNOME

Sergio Villar Senin wrote:
- We had some problems with the gtk+ module due to the '+' symbol. The
tinderbox server removed it when creating the required files for showing
the status pages. We fixed it adding the '+' symbol to the set of
allowed symbols, but we do not know if it will break builds in another
file systems different than ext3. Anyway IMHO there are some renames
spread over the tinderbox code that should be managed in an unique
location (for example the tinderbox still generates some URLs with "gtk"
instead of "gtk+").
I've already filed a bug on this and have your change in the queue.
How much can it take? Client packaging should be not difficult, we could
start with a limited number of package types, .deb and .tgz for example.
We already have a tinderbox integrated with some measurement tools here
at Igalia, so it won't take also a lot of time. The last two points,
integration with remote Bonsai and Bugzilla, should give us not a lot of
problems (maybe Mike Taylor could give us more details). And finally the
security concerns. It's a risky task IMHO. I saw some options for doing
email authentication but no idea about how many time will it take.
Anybody has some experience related to this?
Remote Bonsai and Bugzilla are on my todo list and nothing beats an active user base asking for a feature to get some time devoted to it :)

Comments? Opinions?
One thing I would suggest is that instead of having each module be it's own tinderbox2 tree you could group modules into a set of trees and then each module would be handled as if it was a build slave. This would list the modules across the tree output and also allow each module's log to be listed individually.

---
bear

Build and Release Engineer
bear osafoundation org