Re: [gnome-love] Clueless when facing GObject

Hey,

this is one of the best tutorials out there on the GObject system: http://www.le-hacker.org/papers/gobject/

Hope it can be of any help.

Kenneth Østby

Yaron Tausky wrote:

Hi there,

I wish to write a GNOME IM client -- mainly as a project for myself, I
doubt if would be interested in my code -- yet I'm not quite sure about
the architecture. GObject seems VERY complicated, and I couldn't find
any tutorial about it beside the included documentation. Should I
structure the programme as collection of classes (as in C++) and
implement each and every one of them as a GObject? Should I do it only
for key classes, and do the rest (helpers, etc.) in the old fashion C
style?

Also, I wondered if there's a platform library for handling of
networking. I know Evolution uses libsoup, but I don't think it's a part
of the platform.

Thanks,