Re: [gnome-love] introducing myself

Thomas Imbreckx wrote:
Hello, my name is Thomas Imbreckx, and I'm from Belgium, Europe.
I am a college student (programming)
I would like to get involved in the Gnome project, but don't really know what to do to get started.
Any help is welcome!

Thomas,

   I found that an excellent way to get started is to become a bugsquad
member, and help triage bugs for GNOME.  You can start out by reading
through the triage guide at:

http://live.gnome.org/Bugsquad_2fTriageGuide

Once you have done that, join #bugs on GIMPNet (ircd.gimp.org) and we
can help you triage some bugs in bugzilla.  If you would like to
contribute code to GNOME as a developer then this is also an excellent
place to start.  As you come across easily fixable bugs, you can cook
up patches and place them in bugzilla.

If you want to help out in other ways, here is a list of ways you can
contribute:

http://developer.gnome.org/documents/joining-gnome/choosingtherightjob.html

Hope this helps,
   Brent