Re: [gnome-love] idea for a new project

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:50:23 +0100, Jonas Geiregat
<jonas geiregat gmail com> wrote:
I'm starting to have doubts about ever lifting this project,
it's just that I want to write something usefull but the thing is
everything has already been writting ...

While some people complain that there's 20 million IM, IRC, and mail
clients out there, there's a good reason for it and I think it shows
healthy activity going on rather than being indicative of severe
problems.  Often times, the best way to learn how to write programs is
to pick some fun project and write it from scratch--even if similar
stuff already exists.  There is nothing wrong with doing this.  It is
always good to consider joining existing projects, but if you're just
doing it for learning or for fun, there's nothing wrong with doing
your own new thing.

Cheers,
Elijah