Re: [gnome-love] Lockdown Editor

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 23:49 +0200, Christian Neumair wrote:
On Fr, 2005-08-19 at 22:28 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
I had an idea for a useful but simple new project. I think it's suitable
for gnome-love developers, and I even found some pygtk code that you
could start with:
http://live.gnome.org/LockdownEditor

I think I also have some advanced gconf editing code floating around,
which converted an (hard-coded at compile time) array of categories,
where each of them was an array of gconf keys, to a nice GUI with a
category tree view on the left and an editing table on the right.
It's written in C, I don't know whether that's a problem.

I wonder whether a lockdown UI does just consist for a boolean knob for
each relevant pref, or whether it also allows to hardcode more advanced
values (lists, strings, etc.). Are there any docs on the current
lockdown architecture available?

There is a gnome-panel key that is some kind of something-separated
string of applet IDs. There are docs somewhere, but I can't find them
now. CCing Mark.

But even just the boolean stuff would be very useful. And a button to
turn off all lockdowns temporarily then revert to the same lockdown
settings would be very helpful.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com