Re: [gnome-love] Joining/Contributing to Gnome

On mer, 2005-04-27 at 04:55 -0700, steven synapsenetwork org wrote:
I have been using Gnome for quite sometime now (6-7 years). And I have
had
an interest in hacking on miscellaneous projects in gnome and possibly
joining a project out there. I am ok at C, I have been doing it for a
while now, and since I have lost interest in my current project I wish
move on to bigger and better things. I know a good place to start is
developer.gnome.org, bugzilla, and gnome-love, but maybe some of you can
assist me in getting into the project.

I could tell you to help with $GNOME_PROJECT here [1], but since you are
an experienced gnome user, the best thing is that you to try to help out
with one of the apps you like and use most or with the ones that you use
but which have some missing feature or bug you would like to see solved.

Anyway feel free to drop by on #gnome-love on irc.gnome.org, I'm pretty
sure we'll find a task for you :)

Thanks
Steve

ciao
      Paolo

[1]: export $GNOME_PROJECT=gedit

That might be something interesting to get into, but I have vested some
interested in bugzilla-buddy, I think it would be a nice addition to the
gnome desktop. I have talked to the maintainer and I think I may try to
Maintain the project with some direction from the old maintainer. But, you
never know, anything can happen at this point.