Re: [gnome-love] Joining/Contributing to Gnome

On 27/4/2005, "steven synapsenetwork org" <steven synapsenetwork org>
wrote:

I have been using Gnome for quite sometime now (6-7 years). And I have
had
an interest in hacking on miscellaneous projects in gnome and possibly
joining a project out there. I am ok at C, I have been doing it for a
while now, and since I have lost interest in my current project I wish to
move on to bigger and better things. I know a good place to start is
developer.gnome.org, bugzilla, and gnome-love, but maybe some of you can
assist me in getting into the project.

I'm currently doing the same thing. I've joined the bug squad:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/bugsquad/

..and am just going through some bugs with a view to getting a little
more experience in triaging.

Personally, I think it's a good idea to get into GNOME this method, as
at least you'd get a good idea of what project work is taking place,
which areas need help and what the culture and processes are.

HTH

Ben

I am actually interested in picking up a project that has been left
unmaintained, but currently i am looking for unresolved bugs in bugzilla
:), but I have a lot of reading to do on d.g.o