[gnome-love] RE: Revisiting Gnucash..

Nicely put Sri, indeed Gnucash is one of these projects that does need to
see the love of HIG, development evolution and some re-architecture.

As a Linux user atm, the biggest problem I have with Gnucash is that it is
extremely difficult to build manually. I am on Slackware and I don't have a
fully working installation of it (even if there are some individuals who
have to patch a zillion things on system libs in order to get gnucash up and
running). Gnucash has the most weird dependancies I have ever seen for such
a popular project.

So while I would love to see a HIG'ified GTK+ 2.x port, first I would love
to see a clean up of some of its dependancies for easier porting to not so
popular linux distros or other X systems.

thx,
Eugenia