Re: [gnome-love] Gnome Tinderbox

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 20:39 +0200, Jaap Haitsma wrote:
Hi,

Projects like mozilla have a tinderbox running so you can see if the
latest cvs tree builds and also developers can see if they broke
something while checking in new code.

When I google on gnome and tinderbox I find hits, but the actual
tinderbox doesn't seem to be anywhere.

A Gnome Tinderbox used to exist back in the days, but at the moment
there isn't one running.
I seem to recall that JamesH added some code to jhbuild in order to make
easier to setup a tinderbox, but I don't know if it's complete and/or if
someone is using it.

I'm asking because I try to build gnome from cvs with jhbuild and some
modules seem to keep on failing on me

The modules from gnome cvs built by jhbuild should always be buildable
and if a compile problem arises it is usually fixed very fast.
On the other hand when using jhbuild (or some other build scripts) it's
common to stumble in some recurring problemes, for example the ones due
to a non perfect setup of autotools etc.
Some of these common problems are listed in Elijah's guide at
http://www.gnome.org/~newren/tutorials/developing-with-gnome/
If you don't find a solution there, the best thing is usually to come on
irc (#gnome and/or #gnome-love) and ask for assistance.

ciao
        paolo