[gnome-love] Getting word wrapping in GtkTreeView

Hello,
I'm not sure whether this is the right place for my query, and if it is
not, please accept my apologies.

I am trying to use GtkTreeView in a small project I am working on, and I
am using the GtkTreeStore model.
I am following the examples at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.4/gtk/TreeWidget.html .
However, I am facing problems while trying to make text in a particular
column wrap.
For example, if I use

            gtk_tree_store_set (store, &iter1,
                                SOME_COLUMN, "Some really long text",
                                                        -1);

I am having a TreeView widget with a really long horizontal scroll bar,
which is making the container window look really ugly.

Is there any work around for this ?? I am doing something incredibly
stupid here ??

-thanks-
Sayamindu

--