Re: [gnome-love] Hello All In Gnome

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Skip Coon wrote:

Hey All,

I have signed up with the gnome-love group because I am not sure where I
should start to help out.  I am both interested in  and capable to help
with documentation, QA, and any programming/development.  I have a

If you are interested in both documentation and programming/development,
working on yelp or gnome-doc-utils (programs related to
documentation) might be a good fit for you.  Shaun (leader of the
Gnome Documentation Project) has expressed an interest many times in
getting more contributors and has shown a willingness to help them get
going.  You could also switch off between working on those programs and
doing documentation work for the GDP.  I'd look into that first given the
things you listed as interests.

The bugsquad (http://developer.gnome.org/projects/bugsquad/), or Quality
Assurance team, is always looking for more volunteers.  They currently
tend to focus on triaging bugs much more than beta testing, but that's
partially just historical and partially just a current lack of resources.
(Beta testing instead is often done by many individuals and groups, but I
still think we could benefit from having a focused effort within the
bugsquad to help people get started and to better determine the important
bugs affecting various releases)

Finally, we have also been trying to gather task lists suitable for those
new to Gnome, which can be found at
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GNOMELove .  Those could also serve
as great starting points.

Bachelors of Science in Computer and Information Sciences from Temple
University.  I am a Sun Certified Java Programmer.  I have been writhing
Perl code since 1998 (and using Linux for that long as well).  I am

"writhing Perl code"... surely it's not that bad, is it?

currently learning C# as well.

So, enough about me.  Feel free to contact me regarding where I could be
of service to the gnome desktop.

Well, hopefully one of the above will serve as a good starting point.  But
if there's another project that you find really interesting, there's no
harm in trying to contact the maintainers and asking if they have
anything that you could help with and if they'd be willing to help you
get started.

Hope that helps,
Elijah