Re: [gnome-love] Gnome SSH agent applet

George Karabin wrote:

On Apr 6, 2004, at 7:35 AM, Sean Middleditch wrote:

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 10:25, Ross Golder wrote:

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but if I have, here it is
again for the newbies...

What we need, for those of you who work with SSH on a regular basis, is
a panel applet that does pretty much the same as the command-line
'ssh-agent' program, but as a GUI applet.

Actually, you could probably do all of this with just wrapping
ssh-agent.  Rewriting that code would be foolish; you don't want to have
*two* places for security breakage to happen.  ssh-agent can already use
a GTK+ frontend for asking for passphrases, so pretty much all the
applet would need to do is call ssh-agent with various options and parse
a little output here and there.

Perhaps this applet should (at the user's option) use gnome-keyring to make the password persistent?

- George

Yes that would be a good idea, but why do you need all the parsing ?
Couldn't you just let the applet drop down a selection list that starts up an xterm with ssh running in it ?

Regards,

--
Ross

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.