Re: [gnome-love] Any help wanted?

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 10:00, David Pettersson wrote:
Hi,

I've been using GNOME for some time now, and I thought it would be a
good idea to help out a bit. If anyone has a small entry-level project
that they want help with, please don't hesitate to contact me. Please
note that I sort of work in bursts (perhaps most of you do), so no
projects with hard deadlines please... ;-)

Quick info:

 - I prefer coding in C and Python
 - Interested in networking, graphics and AI (amongst other things)
 - Not very well acquainted with the GTK and GNOME libraries. Have
   written a few GTK1 apps, but nothing larger.
 - Located in Sweden

If you have any ideas where I can help out, or any reading advice,
please contact me.

You can probably find lots of interesting things to do, but since a
suggestion does not hurt, here it is mine :)

We certainly would love some help with glade-3 (which you can find in
cvs): glade-3 it's a rewrite from scratch of the popular GUI builder
glade, which you probably know.

Here are some good reasoms why glade-3 could be interesting to you or
anybody else who is looking for a nice project:

1) It's 100% Gtk so you don't need to learn lots of stuff like (bonobo,
gconf, etc)
2) The difficulty of things that need to be done has a wide range (from
simple gtk+ gui to the intimate parts of GObject system)
3) It's a small and clean codebase
4) You may end up learning a lot about gtk+ internals
5) You may take a look at glade-2 for suggestions
6) It still needs lots of work, so it's easy to find bugs ;)

If you or (anybody reading this!) are interested subscribe to
glade-devel and feel free to ask any question!

ciao
        paolo