[gnome-love] Re: 'love' product in bugzilla

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 10:50, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi all

I was talking on IRC and had an idea that seems good to me: why not
create a 'love' product in bugzilla?

This product would contain bugs that newcomers to GNOME could try to
fix, projects like the gnome-screensaver that we want to launch, etc.

It'd be an easy way to maintain a list of tasks for the gnome-love
project.

What do you think?

While the intents are obviously good, I'm not sure this would work; I
have two main concerns wrt a 'love' product in bugzilla:

1) The best way to get started with gnome is to contribute to an
existing project, thus bugs and feature request should be in the
project's bugzilla product. See the easy-fix keyword.

2) For requests of new projects (eg gnome-screensavers) I fear that
using bugzilla would lead to a big list of requests where it's difficult
to distinguish between "good" (in the sense that we would accept them in
gnome) and "bad" projects;
Beside it would probably be a huge work to keep it in shape, not only
marking duplicated requests, etc, but also makings sure that the
proposed projects are simple enough for a beginner.

ciao
        paolo