Re: [gnome-love] A good program to write a tutorial about?

Hi there,

That all sound OK. You'll have to explain exactly what you're envisioning, however. I don't have a blog but I have worked a bit with xml. I'm thinking you want something that lets you add blog entries from the desktop without having to open up the browser. Like this program called "Radio Userland" that I just found on the net. Is this right?

Also, I'd very strongly prefer doing this in C. Is that a problem for you. I know python pretty well but I'd really like to use C because that's one of the reasons I'm learning Gnome and not KDE.

Cheers,
Chris

David A. Ulevitch wrote:

chris wrote:

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear in the first post. Being that I have no experience programming applications, I wanted to dissect a project or 2 and I thought it would be helpful if I documented what I learned in the form of a tutorial or how-to.

I'd love to help you with the project and that's why I want to do the above mentioned.

Your post reminded me, however, to mention that I'd prefer a project written in C.

Any suggestions?

I don't have any gnome coding experience either. I thought maybe you meant you wanted to write a (somewhat) easy program all while documenting how it was made along the way, where docs were found, create the docs for newbies where none exist, etc.

I think disecting a program is easier, but creating one from scratch that has "moderate" goals is also quite doable and I'd be happy to work with you on it if you think that's a worthwhile expenditure of your time. (esp. if you like the Outliner idea)

-davidu