Re: [gnome-love] Gnome2 ppp application

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 21:18, MArk Finlay wrote:
gnome-ppp is part of gnome-network.  You can look at
http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/rview.cgi?cvsroot=/cvs/gnome&dir=gnome-network/gnome-ppp

Yeah, but it sucked ;) It didn't work for most people
and is still gtk1 so starting from scratch makes so much more sense.

it is already ported to gtk2, in gnome-network HEAD. Although, it still
sucks. The plan we have is to remove it in favor of GNOME System Tools
network interfaces configuration, which already works. So I would advise
not to work at all on a PPP dialer, but help on GST's one.

However, nobody have taken its maintenance, yet.  it would be
nice to hava a dialer that rocks as wvdial/wvdialconf
just login, password and phone number and go on!.

Yeah, and if it could run as normal user without to much(or any!)
fiddling around with permissions.

I really like the glade-up. Would be need to be able to minimise it to
the notification area :) Now all we need is some dial up code. We could
just make it a frontend to ppp like kde does or use wvdial.

Unfortunately, I don't have the coding skills either. If anyone does and
gets something together, it should go in gnome-network.

unless you find a very good cause to not use GNOME System Tools' PPP
dialer, please, do not work on such a thing.

cheers
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>