Re: [gnome-love] location manager

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 01:09, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 01:00, matteo wrote:
hello gnome lovers
i just started writing a small application for managing different
network settings, just like mac os x or red hat 9 do.
but i didn't see anything like it for debian, and it would be very
useful for my laptop.
so, it's my first app and if anybody wants to contribute or suggest
anything or shut my mouth please let me know.
you can find it at:
http://themanmachine.net/location

That looks very nice, but:
- it doesn't allow entering 2 DNS servers, which most ISPs have
- it doesn't allow changing wireless parameters
- it should probably have some kind of integration into the panel to be
able to switch locations quickly (that's something missing from the RH
network config tool)
- it should probably also allow changing the proxy parameters

One thing that I forgot:
Do not use glade's code generation, use libglade!

(deja-vu)

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>