[gnome-love] gnome photo album applet?

It would be nice if there was a little 'photo frame' applet for the
GNOME panel, where you could flip through personal photos.

I've had this in the back of my mind for a while and was reminded by
shots of something apparently similar in screenshots of the Longhorn
betas:

  http://www.activewin.com/screenshots/longhorn/

(I don't want to suggest following Windows just for the hell of it,
but this illustrates the idea.)

Obviously there are a few photo viewer applications already but I
don't know of any applet that does this.  It might be an interesting
project for somebody getting into GNOME.

--
Martin