Re: [gnome-love] Which distro?

Well debian woody will do find, u just have to install gnome 2.2 after u install woody.

deb http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody/ gnome2.2/mozilla-1.3/
deb http://people.debian.org/~blade/woody i386/

add this 2 lines to ur /etc/apt/sources.list then type apt-get update and apt-get upgrade followed by apt-get
install gnome-core gdm

if u get lost this might help

http://debianplanet.org/node.php?id=924

u should have a spunky new gnome 2.2 desktop just ready for u.

or u could also try slackware 9.0, which comes with gnome 2.2 out of the box, after that go over to dropline
systems and follow the instuctions to install dropline gnome to update slackware to have a more up to date
gnome.

http://www.dropline.net/gnome/

hope this helps :)
---
Great chips run high speeds
but bloatware slows to crawl
heat is main output
--Gate's Law (Ray, June 2, 2003, Librenix.com)