[gnome-love] Gnome MIDI

Dear developers,

I want to start a second project for gnome. The main goal should be:
Perfect MIDI support, Integrated and designed only for gnome. Including
applications I can use for working with my band, f.e. live performance.
I have tried to work with some alternatives, but none suffice. I want to
be able to start up nice programs and utilities to interact with my MIDI
enabled instruments, to compose, to use sequencers, etc. All within the
same good-looking gnome style. Personally I dont have a lot of gnome
programming experiences, but I do have a lot general purpose programming
experience. MIDI is difficult to understand, so I want to gather a group
of enthousiastic, serious people to help me with this. I do understand
quite a few things of MIDI, however I do not consider myself as having
sufficient knowledge to be able to build these MIDI applications alone.
Please have a look at Cubase VST, or alike programs to see what I mean.

I appreciate your feedback about this project. Are their other projects
with the same initiative? I would like to contact other programmers who
have experience in MIDI programming.

I'm aware of a lot of other very cool MIDI projects for linux, but
remember please that it should be designed specifically for gnome.

- http://linux-sound.org/

Thanks for reading,

Thijs Thiessens
The Netherlands