Re: [gnome-love] Really simple panel applet idea

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 22:47, Ben FrantzDale wrote:
I understand this would be different, but I would suggest just using a
galeon smart bookmark. It wouldn't be quite as accessable as the panel,
but as long as you have a browser open it's accessable.

I have one for the dup finder:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/simple-dup-finder.cgi?id=%s

That said, a "smart launcher" that would behave like Galeon's smart
bookmarks would be really cool.

--Ben

Under Utilities is the Command Line applet, which is capable of doing
exactly this.  In the Preferences, look at the Macros tab.  It ships by
default with macros for yahoo, freshmeat, and dictionary.com.  You can
add new macros.  Copy the sed filter from the others (which does the
urlencoding), and it's trivial to make one to open a bug in bugzilla.

Shaun