Re: [gnome-love] contribute to gnome

It helps if you say which languages and skills you have, but generally you
are best to just find a project that you like and start helping them
directly.

Alternatively you can hunt through bugzilla and grab a few bugs that
interst you or look easy and try and fix them.

As you are a Debian Gnu/Linux/Xfree86/Gnome/etc/etc/etc user :P i am sure
there are loads of extra Debian specific things that need doing, like
making sure every application has a man page for example or help
improve/maintain the Debian packages of some Gnome program that you like.

This question gets asked regularly, there are a huge variety of slightly
different answers in the mailing list archives and i think there is an FAQ
somewhere.  Both Havoc Pennington and Eric Raymond (ESR) amongsts others
have written articles about getting started with open source programming
which you might enjoy reading and should not be too hard to find with a
little googling.

Sincerely
Alan Horkan

http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/