Re: [gnome-love] Using make

What problem did you have with Anjuta ? Can you elaborate (why not join
Anjuta List ?)

Rgds,
Biswa.

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 02:20, gnome-love-admin gnome org wrote:

Ok, I know that this is not much of a GNOME thing but I started to
play around with GNOME/Gtk C and C++ widget library. The idea is to
eventually port all applications to GNOME. Right now I am using Qt,
but I am a not too sure about the terms of the Qt License and Qt is
becoming sort of the Linux wing of MS world and knowing MS as well as
I do, I know that eventually they will start canivalizing those who
have used their "free" services.

Now going back to my problem, one of the biggest obstacles I have
found is making my own 'Makefile'. Under Qt that was not a problem and
under MS it was transparent. I am looking for a way that I can have my
own 'Makefile' but without the burden of having to maintain the
'Makefile' myself. Perhaps, I am asking too much, but like I said I am
a new comer and don't have any idea what GNOME has to offer.

I have, however, tried Glade and Anjuta, but at the moment I am more
interested in learning the library than unsing the RADs.

TIA