[gnome-love] status of glade2 and libglade2

Hi all,

I am looking to begin writing my first python/gnome ui. I would like to
use gtk2 and pygnome-libglade. The dotplan section does not list the
status of glade. The porting document has this to say:

"At the current time, the GNOME 2 version of glade is not yet ready for
use. So there is no application which can natively manipulate *.glade2
files. Consequently, some packages have their original *.glade files
(the version 1 format) checked into CVS and call libglade-convert as
part of their build process to do the conversion. Some other modules,
with very brave maintainers, are editing the .glade2 files by hand. This
last part is necessary if, for example, you wish to take advantage of
the accessibility features offered in libglade. However, this situation
will improve shortly, as a number of people are currently working to
port glade across to the new platform."

What is the current status of glade2 and pygnome-libglade? Is it stable
enough for me to start to use or should I just stick with glade and
gtk1.2 for now?

Best Regards,

--Nate Custer