Re: [gnome-love] automake errors

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 08:18:38AM +0100, Rev Gavin J Ford wrote:

Hello again,

When trying to compile many of the Gnome 2.0 modules I'm getting this error on the ./autogen.sh stage:

/usr/local/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake-1.6/am/lang-compile.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

Could someone please tell me what this means and how I can fix it please?

You might have better luck using the vicious build scripts, which can
be found in the vicious-build-scripts module of GNOME cvs. They pull
down the necessary versions of the auto* tools to avoid problems like
this. The package includes a helpful README explaining how to use the
scripts.

For automake, they pull down automake-1.4-p5, and for autoconf,
autoconf-2.52.

Cheer,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"You don't want to die with the music still in you."
 - John Gardner