Re: [gnome-love] Writing cross-language interfaces

On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 07:17, Caleb Land wrote:
Hello,
As you can tell from my first email I am lusting for knowledge, so,
before I got out of hand, I decided that I would save the last question
for another email.

I read of the benefits of writing COM interfaces to libraries (IE
allowing Perl users to access the MS XML parser).  I am currently
writing a library to interface ebay functions (getting a list of
auctions, checking for a user's completed auctions etc), and am
beginning to think that it might be beneficial to allow other languages
to easily interface with it.  I believe that CORBA would work for this,
but I'm wondering if Bonobo contains anything to help standardize these
interfaces and or make it easier.

yes, Bonobo has a lot stuff that could help you in doing this. It's got
some standard interfaces, and allows you to easily implement your own
interfaces.

cheers