Re: [gnome-love] Stupid question

Hi Mike,

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Mike Borrelli wrote:
I got the gnome-core tarball from ftp.gnome.org, but it won't complete
the ./configure script.  It says that I'm missing gnome-libs 1.0.xx or
higher.  I have 1.2.xx installed via rpm.  I installed both gnome-libs
and gnome-libs-devel, but the problem persists.

        It sounds like you are doing the right things ...

What am I doing wrong?

        One way to examine configure problems is to look at the end of
config.log, try looking at the last check in there and see what went
wrong, also you might like to try:

        gnome-config --version

        And see what that prints...

        HTH,