Re: [gnome-love] gtk+ from cvs

Sebastian Kapp <lasheimok web de> writes:

Well, the right version of autoconf was already installed on my system,
                             ^^^^^^^^
You need 1.4 of automake, not autoconf.

via rpm. I didn't find a 1.4.rpm of libtool, so I compiled and installed
from source.

Most likely, you will have to install automake from the tarball too.

I get the very same error messages, though.

When you have installed them, you may have to check out a fresh
version.  When you first try to install with old versions of libtool
and automake, something has been messed up so bad it can't be repaired
by ./autogen.sh.  At least, that's what I seem to remember I had to
do.