Re: [gnome-love] Re: GNOME user environment brainstorming

Kevin Vandersloot wrote:

For Nautilus in single click mode you can hold down CTRL and select any
number of icons with a button press. So single-click mode is not really
a problem for me, but I do agree that double-click is the better default
for inexperienced users.

That's an improvement, but as far as I've seen, inexperienced users can have trouble with modifier keys as well. Of course, there's a point between making it intuitive and teaching them basic things that everybody has to know - either that or we start adding buttons to our mice.