[gnome-love] Re: [Nautilus-list] GNOME user environment brainstorming
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Cesar Cardoso <cesarcardoso skydome net>
- Cc: nautilus-list lists eazel com, gnome-love gnome org, gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: [gnome-love] Re: [Nautilus-list] GNOME user environment brainstorming
- Date: 24 May 2001 20:17:39 -0400
Cesar Cardoso <cesarcardoso skydome net> writes:
This item should be distribution/vendor-specific. So in RedHat this
would show RH tools, in SuSE would show YaST, in Conectiva would show
linuxconf and so on.
Right, that's my feeling. Though something like XST that's portable
could be shipped from gnome.org, and OS vendors could choose to remove
those and add their own stuff.
Start Here shouldn't be a normal folder. In an ideal situation, Start
Here shouldn't be a physical folder at all. Start Here should be a
Also my feeling, but I was planning to ask Darin how he thought it
should be done.
I personally think that desktop isn't the place for user shortcuts, but
You'll notice my screenshot has none by default, but I'm not sure we
should keep users from making them; both Windows and Mac allow it, so
people will expect it.
- On desktop, perhaps show "Havoc Pennington's Home" instead of
I prefer this to be user-configurable. Some will prefer the long name,
some will prefer the short name, and some (like me) will prefer
something more esoteric.
It's configurable now, that's how I got "Joe Smith's Home" in the
screenshot. ;-) You just right-click on the icon and choose Rename.
- make the Print Screen key take a screenshot
Hm, this is REALLY important :-)
jrb appears to be implementing this as we speak...
] [Thread Prev