Re: [gnome-love] GNOME user environment brainstorming

These would all be converted to standalone dialogs, rather than
sitting in a control center. They'd be launched from the various
folders in Start Here.

That is eggsactly what we were planning on doing with the control
center.  That allows standard applications to be placed there without
using the libcapplet stuff.

We would keep libcapplet in place for compatibility reasons, but the
various operations and signals and patters in the libcapplet would be
mapped to creating a toplevel window, and standard menu entries
`File/Exit', `Edit/Undo', etc

With this approach (having independent executables), you can make the
"Control Panel" just be the file manager launched in a special url
($prefix/share/control-center").

That being said, we want to have a new "shell" that is task-oriented,
very much like the one found in Whistler.

Miguel.