[gnome-love] CVS, diff, organize my dev, etc.

Hi all,

Here is my problem, and a ask you some advice on how to organize myself to
develop with CVS.

First, I co a module, then I hack a little on it and make a diff with 'cvs
diff -u' in the module root directory.
Then I want to work on something else in that module. Of course, when I
make a diff, the old work is included (if it hasn't yet been committed into
CVS).

So, how should I do?
Sometimes I cannot just rm all and co one more time if I continue working
on the same thing.

Let's take an example. You remember the patch I posted here for two-wheels
mice support --ok, well, I didn't use CVS yet --? ok. Now I found a bug in
GtkRange not handling GDK_SCROLL events correctly (GDK_SCROLL_UP goes in a
direction, the three other GDK_SCROLL_* in the opposite, whereas scrolling
direction should be grouped by pair GDK_SCROLL_{UP,LEFT} vs.
GDK_SCROLL_{DOWN,RIGHT}). To test my modifs on GtkRange, I kept the
previous ones in gdk-events, so these previous modifications are included
in the diff since the previous patch has not yet been committed (I know
it's quite badly done, it may be the reason).

So how should I do? How are you doing?

(NOTE: RTFM is a valid answer if you point me to the FM ;o)

Tom.