[gnome-love] Re: gnome 2 porting

On Sun, 2001-12-09 at 21:05, Nathan Cullen wrote:
Chema,

I have spare time and I would like to port a small gnome application to
GNOME 2.  Is there a list of applications that need porting?  I know
that several apps are currently being ported.  I don't want to duplicate
work or step on anybody's toes, but I can't seem to find a central
coordinater for the porting efforts.

ghex, talk to jakka and let him know about it so that we don't duplicate
efforts. (I am a big lover of ghex)

On another note, any tips on setting up a GNOME 2 development
environment so that it doesn't conflict with my GNOME installation?

vicious-build-scripts are your friends, get them from cvs, the only
thing i change in ~/bin/gnome-head is BASE=/gnome to BASE=$HOME/gnome

Are there mailing lists relevant to GNOME 2 porting?

gnome-2-0-liat gnome org

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

np, and thanks for helping out.

regards,
Chema

--
Nathan Cullen
furyu one net

--
regards,
Chema

Chema Celorio                           chema ximian com
                                        http://www.gnome.org/~chema
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com