Re: [gnome-love] where do I start?

On 10 Aug 2001, Kevin Vandersloot wrote:

On 09 Aug 2001 15:12:54 -0400, Matthew Brichacek wrote:
Thanks to all who replied to my original post, some great ideas and
positive feedback to keep me on track.  Chema's post seemed to hit home,
I need to take smaller steps than I was trying to, I had to start out
slow with Java and any other language I have learned so this can't be
any diff.  Armed with the info I have been given I think I am going to
hit the bug lists and see if I can start to make a contribution to these
projects.

Thanks again for all the positive help,
best of luck to all...

Perhaps a good place to start is the gnome-applets. They are small and
a lot of them need a lot of work. Same thing goes with gnome-utils.
There is a TODO item for the tasklist in the TODO database. How about
adding the ability to drag windows between seperate workspaces in
desk-guide? A lot of people want that feature.

If you decide to work on the desk-guide, send me an email and I'll dig up
a fairly long wish list for improving the desk-guide I wrote a while back.
(I guess I should put it in bugzilla.)  I'll also add my vote for this
applet to get some love from somebody, considering how central it is to
the desktop.

Dan