Re: Session management

In Gnome Desktop :

Alt-F2

Then type :

gnome-tweaks

(this works in Solus Linux 4.1)

There you can input the starting applications.

rpr // via gnome-list <gnome-list gnome org> schrieb am Mi., 22. Apr. 2020, 17:53:
Volker,

On https://askubuntu.com/questions/1084389/automatically-remember-current-running-applications
you should also read the "Answer" section after reading the question.

So, the first and only answer mentions that there is a Gnome Shell
extension that can be used as the session manager:
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1323/window-session-manager/

I've tried that on a Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine (with Gnome Shell
3.28.4) and my conclusion is that it works but is quite complicated to
install. Here are the steps that worked for me:

(1) Install package manager for Node _javascript_ platform:

$ sudo apt install npm

(2) Using npm install the linux-window-session-manager package:

$ sudo npm install -g linux-window-session-manager

(3) Install GNOME Shell extensions integration for web browsers (this
is required for the next step to work):

$ sudo apt-get install chrome-gnome-shell

(4) In Firefox (or Chrome) open
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1323/window-session-manager/
and enable the Window Session Manager extension by turning the ON
switch.

After that the Gnome extension displays an icon in top panel where you
save your windows session before logging out and also restore a
session after logging in.

Hope this helps.

-- rpr.