Manually Compiling GNOME (without JHBuild) - How?

Hello,

I'm interested on compiling GNOME manually, without using JHBuild tool.
I use Ubuntu 18.04 (LTS) on my system.

Here are my requirements:

1) I'd like minimize dependencies installed using my system's package manager. That is, only Xorg and Wayland libraries are installed from package manager, and every other dependencies from GTK to GNOME Shell and GNOME session are compiled from official release tarball. Compiling GNOME applications is optional.

2) I need to install compiled GNOME side by side with system version of GNOME. That is, the compiled GNOME should be installed into /opt/gnome3 or similar (but not /usr/local)

3) This compiled GNOME, like any other DE environments I installed on my systems, should be run under display managers (I use GDM from system's package manager).

However, either googling or searching GNOME documentation doesn't return the desired howto (all howtos that I found always use JHBuild).

How can I compile GNOME 3, based on above requirements, and in particular without invoking JHBuild?

Regards, Bagas

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara