Re: updating GIMP

Am 21.04.2017 um 07:16 schrieb Alan Jacobson:
I currently have GIMP 2.6.11 installed on a Dell D600 running WinXP,
but would like to update to the latest possible version.  How do I do
that?
Well since this is a gnome mailinglist your question is of topic.

But anyways my solution would be kill Windows XP (its horribly outdated
and there are no securityfixes anymore). Install Fedora and you have the
newest Gimp and as a sideeffect improved your computers security by a
factor of 1000 (reliable numbers of imagination)...

Besides that have you tried their installer?
https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/windows/gimp-2.8.20-setup.exe

But seriously replace WindowsXP!

Thanks!!