How to get to the status menu with the keyboard?

Is there any way to get to the status menu (the menu in the top right
corner of the desktop that has logout, lock screen, shut down, etc)
using the keyboard?

The best way I can find is Ctrl-Alt-Tab to focus the top bar but the
leftmost item on the top bar is always focused first, so then it's right
arrow several times to get all the way across to the status menu.

What I'd really like is to be able to bind a keyboard shortcut to open
the status menu directly, but I don't think this is possible?

Thanks