Gnome Font Manager 0.5.7

I was setting up a PC after loading Ubuntu 15.10 beta.  I was looking for certain ttf fonts I use.  I figured I would copy them from a PC I had just configured correctly.  Font viewer adds fonts (e.g., ttf fonts loaded on a USB drive) to username/.local/share/fonts.  These are invisible to Font Manager since those who wrote the software decided that users did not need to look in hidden folders.  How do I get Font Manager to find fonts in hidden folders?

John